The Community response to COVID-19
Summary of our COVID-19 Policy
We are planning to welcome new residents into the Community House in September 2020. Here is a summary of the measures we are putting in place to facilitate this.
- The Community, being a single household, will respect and follow all government official guidance.
- All common and shared areas will be regularly sanitised as appropriate.
- Residents will use the same seats in the chapel and refectory and sanitised regularly.
- Residents will wash their hands whenever entering the building and regularly throughout the day as recommended. Hand sanitiser will be generally available for all to use.
- The general status of health of every resident will be frequently checked.
- If any member of the household exhibits any symptoms that could possibly be coronavirus the government guidelines regarding isolation will be followed by the whole household.
We continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation as it develops and will follow the latest Government advice.
The GOV.UK website contains the most up to date information here.
Our COVID-19 Monthly Updates
While the rest of the country starts to get back to some form of normality, here in Leicester we find ourselves returning to a higher status of lockdown. Nevertheless we remain optimistic about being able to welcome new residents into the Community House in September. If you are thinking about applying to join us then please do contact us as soon as possible.
Our office has now reopened and our Novice Guardian, Matt, has returned from furlough. Matt’s movements around the House are restricted to the entrance foyer, the office, and the downstairs lounge where we are all able to meet while maintaining safe distancing … and of course a toilet for his personal use! It’s great to be back as team and planning for welcoming new residents in September.
The Prior, Warden and House Manager continue to exercise lockdown in the House while exploring ways in which the Community can open its doors once again to new residents. With support from many across the Diocese we are delighted to announce that we are open to receive new applications to join the Community from September 2020.
We are developing details of how we will operate whilst conforming to government social and safety guidelines for living amidst the coronavirus. These will be published in summary form shortly.
The health and safety of our Community members is our number one priority. Consequently, our resident members returned to their homes to be with their families early this month.
We decided to reach out in prayer to the local community and the whole world alike by broadcasting a reduced form of our daily prayers at 8am, 12noon and 9pm each weekday, Monday to Friday. Dispersed members of our Community invite you to join them in live transmissions on our Facebook page, broadcast from their homes.